Today I’m going to take you step by step how to use Facebook to bring in coaching or consulting clients.
- To begin with you’re going to need to get super specific about your perfect client, otherwise known as your “avatar”. What age range do they fall into, what gender are they, what are their hopes and dreams?
- To be able to find them on Facebook you’ll need to find out where they hang out. If you’re not sure, try going to Google and searching for something like “top female business coaches” if your target market is female entrepreneurs, or “top life coaches” if you’re a life coach and your target market wants to make huge changes in their life.
Other suggestions might be to take a look at books or movies watched by your target audience – for example “top life coaching books” will bring up a number of websites in Google which contain lists of books you could target.
Typically, those are willing to make changes in their lives and in their business will already be following Facebook fanpages that represent this. This is what we’re going to use to target your ideal client.
Once you have your list, go to Facebook and see if there are Facebook fanpages for the coaches, books and movies you just found. If so, there is a very good chance you’ll be able to target fans of those pages on Facebook meaning you can easily reach your perfect client.
You can also try looking up past clients on Facebook and seeing what Facebook Pages they are fans of (you can do this by clicking More on their profile and then selecting Likes) . Your aim is to find at least 5 to 10 Facebook pages to target with your ads.
- Now you’ve identified your avatar, and several great targets for your Facebook Ads, it’s time to attract in some leads.
You’ll need to put together what is known as a “lead magnet” – which can be either an ebook, report, or my personal favourite an automated webinar. An automated webinar is recorded from the comfort of your own home and then shows 24/7 around the world – so for example my webinar here shows every hour on the hour between 9am and 9pm in the UK and the US automatically, just from a single recording I made a few weeks back.
To bring in leads, you’ll need to create a lead magnet and then show it by setting up a series of Facebook Ads to fans of the pages you identified in the step above.
Make sure you word the advert so it talks specifically to the hopes and fears of the avatar you created in step one.
- At the end of your lead magnet, make sure you’ve included a link to book in for a call with you. Including a basic application form with a few qualification questions will ensure that only the most qualified will apply.
- On your call, simply offer to help, identify what they need to do to change their current situation, and then run through how you can help.
- Hey Presto! Now it’s time to optimise the new adverts you’ve created to ensure they bring in leads on autopilot.
Now it’s your turn! How are you going to implement this strategy in YOUR business?
If you’d like help planning this strategy out to get it up and running fast, simply book in a call here and let’s talk!