Twitter has quickly become one of the more popular social media platforms for marketing your business.
But, are you doing the right things to maximise exposure and ensure you create a positive opinion for your brand?
Let’s take a look at some of the more common mistakes that people make on twitter, to help you avoid them in the future.
- Make sure you never use anything other than a picture of yourself or your logo as a profile picture. You will be surprised at how many people put a picture of their dog up and then expect to be taken seriously.
- Don’t post too many tweets at one time. If people see a number of tweets from the same person or company, they will often unfollow them.
- Make sure you don’t set up an auto direct message for new followers that you acquire. Whilst many people do this, it is really annoying and gives a bad impression for your brand.
- Never “protect your tweets”. (a setting to hide your tweets.) There is little point in using twitter for marketing if nobody can see what you are doing.
- There are certain topics that are off limits to tweet about, unless you are marketing in that area. For example, tweeting about sex or religion is only going to isolate your audience and cause people with differing opinions to unfollowyou.
- NEVER USE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR ENTIRE TWEETS!!!. Need I say more?
- Always check your spelling. Bad selling gives a bad impression.
- Stop sharing trivial information. Nobody cares.
- Don’t be overly self-promotional. Lead with value.
- Don’t share a link without giving credit to the source that it came from.
Can you think of any more? I would love to hear about them!